TETRIS® BRAND GEARS UP FOR ITS 35TH ANNIVERSARY WITH NEW GLOBAL LICENSEE PARTNERS
New Tetris-Branded Apparel, Games, Collectibles, Events and Promotions for Late 2018 and 2019
LAS VEGAS, May 17, 2018 – As Tetris®, one of the most recognized and influential video game brands of all time, prepares for the brand’s monumental 35th anniversary in 2019, The Tetris Company today announced a slate of new licensees who will soon introduce new Tetris-branded products, promotions and events. From fashion attire and gear, featuring the game’s iconic Tetriminos, to commemorative coins and more, these new licensee partners are part of the company’s ongoing initiative to introduce fun, unique merchandise and experiences that will appeal to the brand’s ever growing worldwide fanbase.
“As Tetris heads into its 35th anniversary year, we are so excited to announce these new partnerships. Tetris is so loved across the globe with fan appreciation for the brand ever unwavering and growing stronger each year,” said Maya Rogers, President and CEO of Blue Planet Software, the sole agent for the Tetris brand. “It’s with this in mind that we continuously work to grow our licensee network with partners who will enable us to introduce fresh, innovative products and experiences that truly speak to these passionate fans.”
New Tetris Licensees
Companies who will introduce new Tetris-branded products, promotions and events in 2018 and 2019 include:
- Arch8: The award-winning dance company has created a highly physical dance performance inspired by the iconic Tetris game. Captivating audiences around the world, including the U.S., Hong Kong and Europe, four dancers use their bodies to explore how we connect with one another and teach us how to fit in with others while remaining true to ourself. The performance is delightfully engaging and invites audiences to participate in the fun. Learn more at http://www.arch8.nl/en/.
- California Donuts: A 24/7 neighborhood favorite for over 35 years, California Donuts is known for its decadent and delightful donut creations. Located on the busy corner of 3rd and New Hampshire in the city of Los Angeles, join them June 2-6, 2018 and enjoy a selection of custom donuts in the iconic Tetrimino shapes from Tetris, in honor of this year’s World Tetris Day (June 6th). https://www.instagram.com/californiadonuts/
- Basic Fun!™: Basic Fun! is a developer of innovative and fun children’s entertainment products. The company’s products are sold through a network of retailers and distributors around the globe with product categories including collectibles, small dolls, construction, science, retro toys and electronic games. Basic Fun! will introduce a Tetris mini arcade game in key global markets in 2018. For more information, visit www.BasicFun.com.
- Dibs Clothing: The high quality streetwear provider, whose eclectic style and “Dare to Be Different” mantra has attracted a huge following among social media influencers, music artists and actors, will introduce a limited-edition shirt in honor of this year’s World Tetris Day (June 6th). The shirt will be available on www.dibsclothing.com, www.Buckle.com and Buckle retailers and www.Tetris.com starting June 1, 2018.
- H3 Sportgear: A worldwide leader in providing licensed and custom headwear, apparel and accessories to both corporate and retail markets, H3 Sportgear will introduce new Tetris-branded apparel and accessories, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, wallets, hats and more, to major retailers in the United States.
- John Adams: A leading provider of fun family games, science and craft kits, dolls and much more, John Adams intends to bring its award-winning Tetris Dual tabletop strategy game, as well as additional Tetris-branded games, puzzles and brainteaser games, to retailers in the United States and worldwide in 2019.
- New Zealand Mint: A world leader in the production and marketing of precious metal collectible coins, New Zealand Mint will introduce a commemorative Tetris 35th anniversary coin.
- NTD Apparel: An industry leading apparel firm located in Montreal, NTD Apparel will launch a line of Tetris-branded apparel to major retailers in Canada.
- Park Agencies: A leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise and apparel for brands and licenses, Park Agencies will launch a line of Tetris-branded apparel and gear at major UK-based retailers, starting in late 2018.
The Tetris Company works with a growing network of merchandising licensing agents as part of its strategy to bring unique, high-quality Tetris-branded products and experiences to markets worldwide.
Tetris representatives will be at Licensing Expo, May 22-24, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, booth #S256, Bayside Exhibit Hall, Level 1, to meet with prospective licensing partners regarding new branding opportunities.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. For over 30 years, the brand has been loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. Working with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, Sony/GSN Games and many other licensing partners, the Tetris franchise continues to be one of the most widely recognized video game brands of all time. Tetris Holding, LLC is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, LLC is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.
Become a fan of Tetris on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Tetris) and follow Tetris on Twitter (@Tetris_Official) and Instagram (@Tetris_Official).
# # #
All copyrights, trademarks, logos and brands are property of their respective owners.
For all press related inquiries, please contact: